[tcb] Re: @CHECK++ Re: how much for a bus bumper?

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:41:22 -0600

Sounds like Bill Williamson in Victoria. At least with Bill, when you get to know him he is very cool. I bought my back slash deluxe bumper from him. You have to remove it yourself.

You might also check with James King in Conroe. If he doesn't have it, he can find it. You may pay more, but that's his business.

On Jan 17, 2006, at 10:32 AM, Neil McGlothin wrote:

Good luck dealin' with him...We tried a few years
ago...We THOUGHT we had him convinced it would be
better to sell than to let all the vw's rust away.
Got a bunch of folks to cruise over there and he was a
jerk...

--- Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil McGlothin" <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx> To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 8:54 PM Subject: [tcb] Re: @CHECK++ Re: how much for a bus bumper?

Is this the guy in Athens TX?

--- Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Can you get any parts from Don Carter? I had him
on
the phone once and he
wouldn't even talk about selling anything, he
said
that he was going to get
back in the business someday. Now whenever I
drive
by I can see the rust
and weeds destroying all those busses.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sammie Smith" <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx> To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 5:48 PM Subject: @CHECK++ [tcb] Re: how much for a bus bumper?

Sharon:
Pointy bumpers are correct for the front on 65
through 67 split window
bus. These are about $150 per copy complete
for
an average bumper in a
swap meet. A perfect one probably could go for
$200-250. Wolfsburg West
was reproducing these things at a high dollar
for
a while. Can't believe
they don't have any. Use their catalog for a
price even if they don't
have any. Check around. The front pointy
bumper
is not that hard to
find. I have two complete ones and am willing
loan the better one to
you till you can find a replacement. Also, try
the Oakhill guys in
Longview and Lee Prayter in Tyler. Also, I
know
that Don Carter has some
busses out there with front bumpers on them.
Sammie

At 12:39 PM 1/16/2006, you wrote:

We have to turn in an estimate for parts on the
bus but there are none, no
bumper parts anywhere for a pre 67. Wolfsburg
and
every other co is sold
out, none anywhere. They aren't actually the
correct ones anyways, the 67
are pointed on the end. Does anyone know of any
for sale or what they
would
be worth if you could buy them? The price has
be very high if they
don't
exist. I got $800 for my convertible one,
insurance co couldn't find a
real
one any cheaper. I'm going crazy with this
stuff.

"The answer is never the answer. What's really
interesting is the mystery.
If you seek the mystery instead of the answer,
you'll always be seeking.
I've never seen anybody really find the answer--
they think they have, so
they stop thinking. But the job is to seek
mystery, evoke mystery, plant a
garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries
bloom. The need for
mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com