[tcb] CAUTION - Bus Content

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:56:17 -0500

Hey gang,

The last few times I've changed the oil & filter, I didn't drop the screen
because I have a spin on oil filter installed and figured it stopped anything
running around in the engine.  But, tonight I had the time so I went ahead and
pulled the cover and screen.  Sparky has a 1 1/2 qt. pan added.  When I pulled
the screen I found a bunch of what looks like dirt just inside the lip of the
pan (nothing at all in the screen itself).  I went ahead and pulled the 1 1/2
qt pan and cleaned everything out.  I got about two tablespoons of "dirt" from
inside the pan.  I checked it with magnetic and it's not steel and I held it up
to a bright light and I don't seen anything shiny in it.

Any ideas?  Is my engine slowing grinding itself up?  Is it dirt?

I kept some in a plastic bowl and will bring it Sunday.  If you are there Mark,
I would like for you to check it out.

I have very good oil pressure +50 psi when driving and a little more than 10
psi at idle.

Should I begin counting my piggy bank?

Fracdog