[tcb] Re: Busted, Broken AND Terminated (OT)

  • From: Neil <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:01:44 -0700 (PDT)

thanks for the good info!  Yep, I'm gonna appeal for sure, hopefully with out a
lawyer (at least at first)...I'm shootin' for the SSI...The Dr. sez I have a
37% disability...all I want is to be able to recop my losses from not bein'
able to work, and for the time Elizabeth had to miss work to take care of me
after the surgeries...we basically had to live on the credit card after savings
ran out for a couple of months.
When I first applied, the lady at the SS office said that I am currently owed
right at $19,000, with an additional $1600 per month until I am able to work
again...of course, it appears its gonna take years to get that.
I may have to sell the '58 b/4 then...maybe I can buy it back after I
(hopefully) get the settlement!
tryin' to keep a good attitude thru all this, I know plenty of folks who've had
it MUCH worse than me for sure...