[tcb] Re: Buses at ROT Rally

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 02:16:00 -0500

I only saw a sign that said "Do not bring in outside alcohol" or something like
that.  Nobody asked or checked to see who brought what.  There are a variety of
stands to buy food at.  Maybe some of them are run by the Expo people but I
don't imagine that they all are.  But this event is HUGE, maybe because of the
size of the event they change up what is allowed and how things are done.
There are no ground fire or open fires allowed but they say that charcoal and
gas grills are okay.  And that is what people would use for cooking purposes
for food they brought in from the outside.

So I do not know what they would allow or not allow at a smaller event but for
the ROT it seems like outside food vendors are here (but maybe this place has
contracts with these particular vendors) and people are allowed to bring in
outside food and drinks unless it is alcohol (but I don't believe they tried to
monitor this).