[tcb] Bus wont start

  • From: "Trey Jung" <treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:54:04 -0500

The "dreaded bus won't start" has reared its ugly head again.....

Battery 11.4 volts (check)

lights come on, door buzzes when open (check)

I put a screwdriver across the 2 big terminals on the solenoid and the started
whirls (check)
I put a screwdriver across the battery terminal on the solenoid to the little
switch (ignition I think) , nothing....(I pulled the wires off the switch to
connect the screwdriver)

Does this mean I have a bad solenoid? Anyone....

Can you buy just a solenoid ?

1600 Stock DP engine. I replaced the Bosch starter 4 years ago...Don't recall
if the solenoid comes with it....

Trying to change the oil ,set timing and head out Friday morning with the TCB
gang ....

What are the symptoms of a bad headlight switch? anyone know?

I hope my ignition switch isn't bad.... oh brother

Thanks,
Trey
71 Westy