[tcb] Re: Bus story of the day

  • From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:31:44 +0000

It's called a gas gauge...

But alas it has happened to all of us.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:10:50
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Bus story of the day

didn't you run outta gas at Kellers in the Bug once last year as well?
I think I see a pattern ...

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: don't forget to put gas in it
this afternoon.

>From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
>To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [tcb] Bus story of the day
>Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:38:59 -0500
>
>So last night I go to bed thinking to myself, "I gotta put gas in the bus
>in the morning."
>
>Fast forward to 5:30 am: This morning on the way out I do my normal check
>for phone, wallet, badge, keys. Everything checks out, but I have this
>nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something on my way to work.
>
>Hit a stretch of southbound I35 where there are no street lights, no
>civilization, with the exception of homeless people. Bus stutters and
>stalls. Still nothing has dawned on me. Coasted, tried to start bus, it
>starts and gets me maybe another 100 yards of momentum, enough to coast
>under some street lights before Northwest Highway. I check my probablities,
>all checks out. Then it dawns on me. CRAP!
>
>So, there is a gas station about 1/2 a mile away on the other side of the
>highway. Thank god I've been running 2 miles a day, because under the
>Northwest highway bridge is likely where most of the homeless folks crash,
>and I have to go under it to get to the gas station. That and if I'm gone
>long my bus gets stripped or will be occupied by homeless people.
>
>I haul butt to the station. It's 6:05, sign says it opens at 6. Cool. Until
>I realize the doors are closed and the lady at the counter is COMPLETELY
>ignoring me. For 15 minutes. Some guy rolls up and needs to pay cash for
>gas so when the pump starts beeping inside, she finally opens the door.
>
>$15 1 gallon gas can in hand, I run back to the bus. A big sigh of relief
>that he hadn't been molested. Gas that bad boy up and roll on to work.
>
>This is BEFORE I had any caffiene.
>
>Robb 1
>Bus 0
>Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security
>tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web,
>free AOL Mail and more.

Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.�
 http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline

Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers:
<http://answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx>
  and get answers from real people who know.