[tcb] Bulli Gras update

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 07:00:53 -0600

Here's the list of folks that are coming so far:

Dennis and Claudia
Steve and Sharon
Jane and Lu
Randy
Paul
Duncan and Cindy
James
Mark and Emily
Mark
Jack and Tina
Chuck and Sue
Denis
Dan and Kat
Thomas
Me
Matt and Leslie (maybe)
Gerald (maybe)

There is a Galveston fireman named Brad who might be interested in joining us and he said there are other Bay area VW people that are interested but I haven't had any communication with these people as of yet.

That is around 17+ Buses. We have 9 sites with electricity and water. There are 3 camping loops on the beach side. We will be in the middle one, Loop 2. The bathrooms and showers are in Loops 1 and 3, which is walkable.

Now I have called twice to check and to double check with the park that we can have 3 Buses to a site. It would be the normal $25 for the site per night plus an extra $5 for the third Bus. The sites are about 40 ft long so it would be a bit of a squeeze to have 3 on a site.

So here is the big question, if we get more than 18 Buses there, would you attendees mind if a third Bus is added to your site? The other option is to get some water only sites in Loops 1 or 3 for the overflow Buses. Should I go ahead and reserve some of these sites? (Please know that I am giving priority to those first 18 Buses that commited to coming in the main camping area in Loop 2, if we were to add an overflow camping area in Loops 1 or 3.).

And how about some of the people that have been known to come to Bulli Gras in the past like Leo or Mike Everret? I think Dennis was going to spread the word to them but I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know of other people that are thinking of joining us but perhaps they haven't let me know as of yet?

Please feel free to give my email address and phone number to those interested in joining in the Bulli Gras fun: julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx 512-364-8582

And the good news is that we are getting the crazy cold weather over with now so it can be nothing but warm and sunny during Bulli Gras! How perfect is that!

Julie