[tcb] Re: Bulli Gras is ON

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:52:16 -0800 (PST)

The run stand is made from an old bell housing. the scat C25 is also a very
good cam. I have used it also, seems to have a little better low end torque
than the engle. if the cam is fitting tight you might need to check if the case
is cut for the little tab on the cam bearings. some are, sometimes there not.
What part of town are you in? I am over off of 290 and Huffmeister. ---mark

mprime6807@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks! I went with the Scat C25 cam. I've been using the "Bug Me" video and
it's been a real help. I know the video says the cam and crank should turn
freely in the case, but my cam is fitting pretty tight.

Did you make your break-in stand? I've only seen one and it looked like it was
made from an old tranny mated to a rolling stand.

It's been a long time since I've run a progressive carb (late 80's on a Ghia).
30 mpg is great!