[tcb] Bulli Gras 2015 update...........

  • From: Shirley Clark <txvwbuslady@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:12:06 -0800

Bulli Gras only 18days away!  We've got 15 buses planning on making it and
we've got room for more.

for those interested:  We camp Friday and Saturday Feb 6th and 7th, at
Galveston Island state park. We have six sites on the beach side. $25/site
plus a $3/per person day use fee.  We can put three buses per site. The
park has been good about keeping our sites all together but it is a popular
park and its not always guaranteed.   We go out for seafood on friday
night, around 6:30, depending on arrivals.  I will collect $5 from each
person and go buy fresh shrimp and the fixings for our Saturday shrimp
boil, about 3-4pm (hope to be done in time to get down to the parades that
start around 6pm)

 As Duncan posted, most parades are centered in the downtown district of
galveston.  this site lists all parades for the two weekends of mardi gras.
http://www.mardigrasgalveston.com/parades.asp

One parade suggested:
Krewe of Gambrinus Parade
57th & Seawall to The Strand District Galveston, TX
Saturday, February 7, 2015, 6pm
(this parade appears to run along most of the seawall (57th to 25th, then
into the downtown area), a few others will start about 4-5 blocks along the
seawall then turn into the downtown district.  the downtown district will
be fenced off each night. entry fee of $10/person for the evening
entertainment.)

It is February and it is going to be chilly to cold.  it will be damp or
out and out pouring rain. it will be windy or absolutely blow us off the
beach. AND.....we have fun!!! looking forward to bulligras!

got sites for:
Leslie and Matt
Dwight
Ronnie