[tcb] Brief Trip report

  • From: whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "TCB" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 06:57:23 +0000

Traveled to Henderson KY for the W. C. Handy Blues & BBQ Fest then on to
Johnstown PA to visit mom and other friends & family.

Just below 3,200 miles total. Freedom guzzled 219.6 gallons of fuel.

Only a couple of small hiccups along the way: a loose wiperblade arm, a stuck
horn and a corroded connection at the starter. All easy fixes.

I am very glad to report the overheating problem is resolved. I was nervous
approaching the same hill in West Virginia where I blew out the hose that
started all the problems a few years ago but Freedom took it in stride. Whew!
What a relief.

Disappointingly, only one bus sighting: on the interstate near Lexington KY. A
sweet yellow & white Bay.

Sent from my BlackBerry®