[tcb] Re: Brian's front end

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:53:08 -0800 (PST)

Sounds like one more weekend and you will be finished.

Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    I finished the rear brakes and
the drivers side front this weekend. Now I need to put the tires back on so I
can turn it around in the garage and work on the passenger side front
suspension, then replace 1 metal brake line to the passenger side front,
install the master cylinder, bleed the brakes, pull and clean the fuel tank,
rebuild the engine, reinstall the tranny, rebuild the axles, check the wiring
and see if it will actually run. Trying to get everything done for the Classic.

  Oh and replace the big rusty hole in the drivers side floor. I don't like
seeing the world go by under my feet.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;    FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    finished it up yesterday
afternoon. i need to put the parking brake cables, clutch cable and shift
linkage back on and get smaller tires cause the one i have are resting against
the fenderwells...i might have to raise it a bit cause there is no telling how
much lower it will go when i put the smaller tires up front.

tomorrow i will stab the motor (hopefully) i will paint the fan shroud this
afternoon and get it on the motor. and it will be ready to be stabbed.

then i'll have to adjust the rear end a bit...i'm thinking probalby only one
spline, i'm just concerned about how much rake that will leave cause i want a
bit but not to terribly much.

---------------------------------
  Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:31:56 -0800
From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Brian's front end
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Hey Brian,
  Did you ever get your front suspension put back together?? I was changing the
front trailing arms on the 68 double cab this weekend and found that it if you
remove the rubber stop from under the upper trailing arm it will allow the
torsion bars to relax and let you install the pointed bolt that holds
everything in place. after the bolts are in, I used a floor jack to lift the
spindle high enough to put the rubber stop back in place. I do need to get the
clips that hold the stops in place as mine were rusted away.

  Mark Sawyer
  84 Vanagon Westy--"Twinkie"
  68 Double Cab --(no name yet)
  70 Type 1 Vert--"Vern" (still in pieces)
  01 Cabrio--"Dunkel" (Emily's)
  Texas Coalition of Busses (T.C.B)
  Heidenheimer Bully Brigade (H.B.B)

  92 Cabriolet--"Abby"  FOR SALE!!!
  69 Type 3 Fasback ---Sold

  The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360
Console. Get it now!