[tcb] Re: Brian's Tranny

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

Mark; if you are talking about that wish bone looking thing that holds the rear
of the tranny I am not sure that I still have it.  I will have to look.  I kind
of think I let it go with the bus but I will just have to search the stash.

mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:    How much do you want for the rear framework over
the axles? I have some rust issues in the Double cab that needs to be replaces.

  Mark

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Brian:
  Talked to the man.  $200.  The bus belonged to two little old ladies who
drove it camping and my buddy had just installed this tranny for them and it
had less than 2,000 miles on it when a drunk drove into the A pillar on the
right side and totaled the front of the 68 westy.  It looked kinda of like
Murray except on the right side and it was worse.  My buddy had just also
installed a rebuilt engine for them and they sold the engine.  I wound up with
the westy in my bone yard and pulled the tranny and we sold the bus for them to
a guy in Dallas who is restoring a bay westy and wanted it for parts.  The only
thing left is the tranny.  They bought it from a transmission rebuilder and
paid $600 for it.  I don't know for sure which bus tranny it
  is except it was in the 68 and when they bought it they bought it for a 68.
If you want me to look at it for numbers or a description let me know.

  Unless you want this thing quick I could bring it to Eureka for you at the
end of August.

  Let me know what you want to do.
  Sammie