[tcb] Re: Brian's Tranny

  • From: theresabuckner@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 18:07:04 -0400

Sammy??? If you can not find yours , I have a few .?? Terry R

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Brian:

Talked to the man.? $200.? The bus belonged to two little old ladies who drove
it camping and my buddy had just installed this tranny for them and it had less
than 2,000 miles on it when a drunk drove into the A pillar on the right side
and totaled the front of the?68 westy.? It looked kinda of like Murray except
on the right side and it was worse.? My buddy had just also installed a rebuilt
engine for them and they sold the engine.? I wound up with the westy in my bone
yard and pulled the tranny and we sold the bus for them to a guy in Dallas who
is restoring a bay westy and wanted it for parts.? The only thing left is the
tranny.? They bought it from a transmission rebuilder and paid $600 for it.? I
don't know for sure which bus tranny it

is except it was in the 68 and when they bought it they bought it for a 68.? If
you want me to look at it for numbers or a description let me know.

?

Unless you want this thing quick I could bring it to Eureka for you at the end
of August.

?

Let me know what you want to do.

Sammie