[tcb] Re: Brakes on a 67

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:59:13 -0400 (EDT)

1967 is one year only master cylinder however you can use a later Bay Bus M/C and the adapter kit (usually available on CIP1) with a Rabbit Fluid Resevior.

Sometimes you can find a M/C rebuild kit for about $40.

As for your leak it could be a Wheel Cylinder or the hard line within the drum.  55-70 busses use two Wheel Cylinders with a hard line between them.  I've had

that line go south on me.  Dont' forget to replace the rubber lines if they're old and cracked.

The Wheel Cylinders aren't too hard to find for your year.  I can get mine from O'Reilly's.  Your rear drums, shoes etc will be the same from 1964-1970.