[tcb] Re: Brake Lights

  • From: "M. Sawyer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mechmark63@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 19:22:38 -0400

I agree with Sammie.

Mark S.

-----Original Message-----
From: sammie smith <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Sep 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Subject: [tcb] Re: Brake Lights

Ronnie: Use your test light and see if you are getting power at the wire
where it attaches to the light when the blinker is turned on. If memory serves
the interrupt device for the tail light for brake and blinker is in the turn
signal assembly on the steering column. There is only one wire to the tail
light for both brake and turn indicator. It gets its power from the turn
indicator switch. When the brake lights are on the feed going through the turn
indicator is hot and feeds continuous power. When you turn the turn indicator
switch to turn the blinker on the power to the brake lite is turned off and the
power to the turn indicator is turned on. When you test the wire with your
test light and it does not light up with turn indicator turned on but does with
the brake light on then I would conclude you have a problem in the turn
indicator switch. Probably not making a good contact with the feed to the tail
light for turn indicator in the turn indicator switch. If you take the switch
off of the column and remove the guts you can see what I am talking about.

Could be an easy fix and then it could not be. Worst case scenario would be
a new turn indicator switch.

On Saturday, September 12, 2015 1:50 PM, Ronnie Hughes
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Seems if blinker and tail lights both work properly, ground is okay.

I did pull everything apart and even reattached the spade on the taillight
assembly.

One wire feeds both blinker and brake light.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 12, 2015, at 1:47 PM, Duncan < whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ditto, that.

"I am not one of those who in expressing opinions confine themselves to facts."
Mark Twain