[tcb] Re: Both well worth the ride

  • From: Bob Perring <perring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:32:44 -0500

Rita damage & Zwolle - Have been wondering the same thing.

I used to have a Toledo Bend fishing place back in 1977 - 1985.
It was just up the road from Zwolle in an area called Converse.
Loved the place, but you move on to new job assignments, new cities to call home, new wives, and new interests, after a bit.

Made the festival several times.
It was only a few years old when I first went.

Last year when Mary Beth and I were driving through the area, we stopped in at Zwolle, and pigged out on tamales and Barq's.
Took another 6 dozen with us in the cooler.
Mary Beth thought that was too many.

We ate our last pack on a Missouri trout stream one night.
Those six dozen didn't even make it across the Mississippi River.

At 10:07 9/29/2005, Dan wrote:
One of our customers lives in Zwolle,La..
Every time she brings one of her machines for us to repair she brings
us 3 dozen tamales.
We fix her machine than pig out on tamales for a couple days.
They have several places that make them there, she has brought us
several different kinds.
I wonder if Rita messed up that area much?

http://www.sabineparish.com/fest/tamale.asp