[tcb] Re: Booster seats and shoulder belts in a Bus

  • From: Ken <velvetgreen67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:39:07 -0800 (PST)

i have 2 67s. first thing i do is pull out the stock seat belts and store them.
seat belts were not required until 68 and later models so why hassle w/them as
they serve little purpose other than getting you a ticket for not having them
fastened. put kiddos in, tell them to sit and stay just like if they were fido
and drive bus like it were 1967. slow and carefully.

  ken

Todd and Lisa Prigmore <prigmores@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Howdy,

  We're looking for ways to keep our DC as a semi-practical family car.  It's
currently listed for sale, but we really don't want to do it.  Our kids are
just about to the point of not being able to ride in car seats any more though.
 They need to transition to booster seats soon and those require a shoulder
belt...which our back seat is not currently equipped with.  We got some good
advice for welding on the doublecab this last weekend, but we could use more
ideas and advice.

  We know some of you out there have kids.  We know you drive them in your
VW's.  Did you install shoulder belts in your vehicle?  Did you have it done by
someone else?  Where did you get the seatbelts?  Were they already in when you
bought it?  Do you just duct tape them in the seats each trip?

  Help us keep the bus!!!

  Thanks,
  Lisa & Todd
  '59 Doublecab