[tcb] Re: Bob Brennand VW- Ft worth

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:39:15 -0800 (PST)

Sharon:  I have heard the name Bob Brennand VW before but can't place where it
was.  However, it definitely was not University VW.  University VW started life
as Foreign Car Co and was located in a small lot on West 7th St. just west of
Vickery and was there from the mid 50's until about 59-60 when they moved to
the north side of White Settlement Road just east of the intersection with
University Dr.  They were in that location until around 65 until they moved
into the new dealership building which you remember as University VW.  Not sure
when they changed their name but think it was when they moved to the
University/White Settlement location.  They were never Bob Brennand.

  Some of the really old VW folks out there might remember Bob Brennand.  Try
someone like Lyle Cherry who used to work for some of the VW dealers or a guy
by the name of Curtis Terry who used to be the service manager at Foreign Car
Co in the early 60s.  At last account I had of him he owned a Honda motorcycle
dealership somewhere in Ft. Worth.  Also Jack Wenk might have some idea since
he worked for (I think) Economy in Dallas and might remember the dealership of
Brennand.

  You see, some of us or really old.

Sharon Chamberlain <iluvvws@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  There's a guy (mangosplit@xxxxxxx) on the samba selling license plate frames
from all over the USA, I bought one from Ft worth, the dealer was Bob Brennand
but I can't actually remember that dealer. I'm hoping one of you locals out
there can help me place it. All I  remember was University VW in Ft Worth.
Almost seems like University was Brennand before it changed, am I correct?