[tcb] Black Gold Show

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 17:26:00 -0800 (PST)

Just got back from sort of a whirlwind trip to Arlington (Black Gold Show), Ft.
Worth and Dallas.

There was the largest turnout at Jack Wenks Black Gold that I have ever seen
for
this event or any other.  Didn't get a count but guesstimate about 75+ cars and
huge swap meet.  Either the VW activity in the DFW area is picking up or the
fabulous weather for December, or maybe a combination of both.

Got to see Santa (AKA Joe Smith) in full regalia, Lonnie/Bonnie, Terry, Rusty,
James Dwan and probably several other TCBrs that I forgot or overlooked since
Beverly and I were not there very long.  We were also ingognitio in a Chevy
pickup.