[tcb] Re: Big giant pre-Eureka Springs campout party

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:22:05 -0500

This is the best one I could find Sharon.
I don't think there has been a "official" e mail.

On Jun 17, 2005, at 1:30 PM, Denis Dodson wrote:

This is copy of an e-mail I sent in response to a guy telling about how miserable he was at Eureka Springs. I sent a shorter version of this invite to Vintagebus and Missouri Micros. I think this should become a TCB event and you are all responsible for it. (smiling emoticom here.)

You are right about the heat and the crowded conditions of Eureka Springs, but it still is a great gathering. Most of the VW folks I know are getting the same attitude about shows. We go to see the people more than the cars. But here is an added activity that will make your ES experience a whole lot more fun.

I am the guy who was telling everyone a few weeks ago about my party in Arkansas. Well, that one was a test run for Eureka Springs weekend, and it was terrific. We heard from alot of people who wanted to come in May, but couldn't work it into their schedules, but said they would be here in August because they already had put away time for Eureka Springs. Last year we had 10 buses, I think, and all of them are certainly coming back. So now we could have a major blowout.

I live just outside Springdale AR, 27 miles, about 40 minutes from the Eureka Springs show site. I have 8 acres on a 300 foot cliff overlooking Beaver Lake. I have room for lots and lots of busses with electricity for many air conditioners and water for all. We have air conditioned room inside the house for sleepers who don't bring a bus, and a lawn for tent campers. I have 3 showers and will have 2 inside toilets and 2 porta-potties. We are deciding now what to cook. Whole briskets, a rack of beef ribs, spareribs or half a pig are the candidates

In May we blew up the biggest fireworks I could buy without a license. We blew up so many fireworks that somebody across the lake answered with a volley of their own. We will have many more this time.

You are all invited. So far I know of 10 or so busses and expect many more. Most of the ones I know of now are from Houston, San Antonio and Dallas. One is coming from Illinois. Most people will be arriving around and after noon and some won't get in until Midnight.

I would appreciate if you all could tell me how many of you and how many friends might come so that we will be prepared. It will be big fun.

So put Friday, August 26 on your calendars and c'mon.