[tcb] Re: Big Nut Red. Box question?

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:24:43 -0700 (PDT)

You have to pull the cover to change the o-ring. The kit comes with the new
o-rings, seal and seal race. It's much easier to change everything at one time.
the only fluid you are losing is whats in the reduction box.

Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  You read my mind.
So, you might have the night off... ;-)
I might not replace the seal though, depends if there are any sharp
edges on the spacer that would have chewed up the seal.
Would be a whole lot easier to just install the o-ring.

Unless you think I could get the seal out without pulling the cover off?