[tcb] Re: Big Bend Plans

  • From: Ted Strother <teebug1943@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 01:34:53 +0000 (GMT)

You got him good Sammie

--- On Tue, 20/11/12, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: Big Bend Plans
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, 20 November, 2012, 18:01

Duncan:  Without looking at a map I can't be sure:  but I don't think 290 ever
intersects I 20.  So I would like to know how you get to I 20 via 290?
Enlighten me in my ignorance.  By the way:  My first trip to Big Bend was 1957
and have been many times since.

From: Chuck Blue <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, Is it rio grand villages campground the destination?Where is the meeting
place for Dallas and Austin,Junction? inquireing minds and all of that stuff.

From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am planning on it.  I camped along the way going down and coming back.  12
hours of driving a bus is tough on my old butt.

From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good plan.  I went to Rio Grande Village in the Spring after the classic.  Very
few people around.  The road going to the Gravel Pit camping and La Clocha are
fair.  Past there the roads are pretty tough (I was in my son's 4x4.  We drove
Glenn Springs Road and needed it).  I camped at the Chisos lodge campground.
Very cool drive into the lodge, FIRST GEAR going up the lodge and I wondered if
that was enough a few times.