[tcb] Re: Big Bend Plans

  • From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 03:46:02 -0800 (PST)

Good plan.  I went to Rio Grande Village in the Spring after the classic.  Very
few people around.  The road going to the Gravel Pit camping and La Clocha are
fair.  Past there the roads are pretty tough (I was in my son's 4x4.  We drove
Glenn Springs Road and needed it).  I camped at the Chisos lodge campground.
Very cool drive into the lodge, FIRST GEAR going up the lodge and I wondered if
that was enough a few times.