[tcb] Re: Been kinda slow so here goes another clutch cable story

  • From: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 08:13:34 -0500

This is starting to sound like a Denis Dodson tale.To many late nights ,my friend. ----- Original Message ----- From: "singlecabboy" <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx>

To: "tcb" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:00 AM
Subject: [tcb] Been kinda slow so here goes another clutch cable story

I went to a Nov. Austin Aircoolers meeting .I got back late that night so I left the Zone out in the drive wayThe next morning there was oil running under the drivers side tire.I jacked it up and took off the tire ,no source of the oil.So I kinda forgot about it over the winter and almost always parking on level ground I didn't have a problem.Well the other day I was driving around parked out front again and bingo ,oil under the front tire.Jacked it up and found a small drip coming off of the steering bracket.But there is no source of oil any where near .The clutch cable is right there..Traced the leak back to the oil cooler area .It appears the drip is coming from there and hitting edzacary on the cable and running all the way up the tube.Now to go over to a freind that has a lift to see where the leak is.Car wash first though .Have a great day.
Paul Smith
Transporters@The Point 9
October  ,2012
Morgan's Point Resort Texas