[tcb] Beam?

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:48:48 -0600

Boy. if you don't want a response to your E-mail, send it on Sunday when
everybody is away from their computers having real lives, enjoying the day.

Yesterday I wrote a message about my tire on the passenger side rubbing and I
have measured from the floor to the beam and it is a full 1 1/2" lower on the
passenger side. the shock is fairly new.

The only thing my experts and I can come up with is that the torsion bar inside
the beam is no good.

Now, the question is: is it at all easy to replace the torsion bar or should I
just replace the whole beam?

The beam seems to be held on with only a few big nuts and the Pitman arm. I am
not looking at the beam as I write this, but removing the beam seems pretty
much easy and straightforward. am I missing anything?