[tcb] Beach Camping December 3,4,& 5... Buses at the Beach or Freeze your Ferry???

  • From: KatrinaMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:18:08 -0600

Buses at the Beach!!!
Freeze your Ferry?

So what about camping at the beach the first week of December 3rd,4th, & 5th?
We could could ride the ferry from Galveston to Bolivar Peninsula.
It would be sooooo cool to have lots of Buses on the ferry.
On the western end of Bolivar Peninsula close to the ferry landing
is Old Fort Travis,we could camp there.
So I called about getting a reservation the lady said ya,no problem,
no one has reserved it for those dates(Dec.3,4,5)
Camping sites are $15 per night. Cabanas $20. Showers & restrooms.
No electricity,but who needs A/C in December.
And while camping we can also learn something about Texas History.
I need to make the reservations for everyone coming...
Please let me know now that way we can all make it on the ferry &
maybe someone could bring a camera. Or not whatever.
Dan & I will go to the campground on Friday morning.
We'll get all set up for everyone to arrive.
Dan & I don't plan on going to the show in Baytown on Saturday.
If you want to go to the show it's about a one hour drive to
Galveston to get on the ferry,then go to Bolivar(Old Fort Travis).
It should be a blast.

Here's a website about the camping area:
http://www.crystalbeach.com/travis.htm

Katrina & Dan Martin
Houston Aircoolers
Texas Airheads