[tcb] Re: Batteries (again)

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:12:44 -0500

I got mine off of the internet, it's called a "Battery Tender Jr."
Fancy trickle charger basically. I charge it up when I get home from camping.
Puts out like .75 amps, so it takes a few days to fully charge.
This works fine for the smaller orange battery, but this one is quite a bit bigger.
I suggest getting on of the conditioner units that Gerald is talking about.
Totally worth it!

Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:
They charge just like a regular battery. You can extend their life by getting an RV battery maintainer like mine, but that's true for ANY lead acid battery. There's a guy that sells refurb units at good prices. My 80 amp cost me $135 and anybody with less than 4+ batteries doesn't really need the 80 amp unit. The 40 and 60 amp are a good bit less.

ATX wrote:
I'm interested.

Anything special about charging them?
On Oct 17, 2008, at 2:53 PM, Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yummy

Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:
http://www.chefscatalog.com/img/products/500x500/97606_500.jpg

Brew 2 to 12 cups of hot, delicious perked coffee in this powerful,
durable stainless steel percolator. Super-fast feature starts brewing
the second you plug it in and maintains cup-a-minute speed, then
automatically switches to "Keep Warm" temperature when perking is
complete. Cord is detachable for easy serving. Handle and knob stay
cool, and rolled edges ensure safe, easy handling. You choose from 4-,
8-, or 12-cup capacity.
* *1000* *watts* *

Get 2 batteries

coffee from a perculator tastes much better

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:42:15 -0500
From: eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Batteries (again)

Come on people step up!
You know you need one.
Coffee in the morning from a real live coffee maker.
You can even run a small microwave oven on one.

Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:
OK, these are bigger than the orange ones.

134 amp hour at the 20 hour rate, 122 amp hour at the 10 hour rate.

The orange batteries were rated at 92 amp hour but I don't
remember if
it was at the 10 or 20 hour rate.

These sell for $350 - $475 from discount retailers --- plus shipping
for a 100 lb battery so add another $50 - $75 for ground shipping to
that price.

They are a 10 year constant cycle design that should last 15+ years
only being cycled a handful of times per year. This batch is
manufacture dated 2004 and newer and they were pulled from
service in
late 2007/early 2008. Once again, these were used in
telecommunications as backup batteries and were probably only cycled
once or twice during their online life. All of them are tested prior
to shipping them to me.

I've been putting money back to buy more batteries -- but, here's
the
catch, I can only afford 7 or 8 of these to put in the UPS's here at
the office. This is a warehouse pallet sale and they MUST be
purchased
in lots of 16.

I have to pre-sell at least 8 of these at $275 each then max out my
credit card (putting money back means not running the card up
<grin>).
Shipping to TCB buyers will have to be by TCB express.

If I can sell 7 I can probably eat the extra $275 for a while if
there's a late buyer, or, knowing me, I'll end up finding a use for
the extra.

The ones I sell have to be prepaid sales. I just don't have the cash
or credit to be an entrepreneur on this one.

Anyone interested let me know. If there is enough interest we'll
start
figuring out how to get the money into my bank account.

These are, of course, on a first come basis by my contact so
depending
on who else he's talking to these could be gone tomorrow, or
still in
the warehouse in a month. Speed would be a good idea though.

Thanks,

Gerald