[tcb] Bad parts place

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Emily <a1971vwghia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:32:33 -0700 (PDT)

Back on Thursay May 26th, I tried to order a brake booster for a 92 VW
Cabriolet from Auto Zone. They (Auto Zone) told me that it was a special order
and I would have to prepay for the part. I didn't have a problem with that.
They said that the part would take a couple of days to get in and I would have
it by Saturday afternoon. Great I thought. After calling them a number of
times, I was told that the warehouse cancelled the order and that they would
have to reorder the part again. Okay, I could wait a couple more days. As of
today, June 9th, I still don't have the part from Auto Zone so I called
Intercontinental Auto Parts in Conroe. The brake booster will be in by noon
tomorrow. I understand that special order parts can be difficult but Auto Zone
should have a least called me about the back order. it took numerous calls to
finally find out what was going on. I doubt if I will ever purchase anything
from Auto Zone again and I don't recommend them for anything else. very poo
 management and customer service.

just my opinion

Mark Sawyer
84 Vanagon Westy aka "Roxanne"
70 Type 1 Vert (still in pieces)
69 Type 3 Fastback (also in pieces)
North Houston VW Club
Texas Coalition of Busses (TCB)
Huntsville Organization of Busses (HOBO)
Shade Tree mechanic
Ale Tester