[tcb] Re: Back in Arkansas

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:19:26 -0700 (PDT)

Your not serious are you?
Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Well, I am back in Arkansas. When
I left the leaves were growing but
everything still had a greyness to it, but now it is deep fresh green and
the lake is blue. It is 60 degrees with a slight breeze.

It took me 2 days to get home because I am old and don't drive past the
sunset, so the trip home included two grueling nights of room service,
indoor pools, Jacuzzis and in-room movies. And you all know how it feels to
get grueled. "Alexander" was terrible.

I am not going to anymore shows. I didn't win crap. Well, I may have won
crap, no, no I didn't even win crap. I told Steve how unhappy I was and he
asked me to tell him what about the show that I didn't like so that he could
be sure to do it again. See, I am the Rodney Dangerfield of car shows, no
respect. No respect at all. I don't know what I have to do. Put a live band
inside? Light the bus on fire during the judging? Stick five dollar bills
all over it? Until there is a category for Best Foam Engine or Best Big Foam
Monsterhead I will be out of luck. The last award I won was at the Austin
AirCoolers drunkfest and that was because everyone there was hammered.

I am so upset I might have to go to a psyki...a spych...a head doctor, and I
can hear you all right now laughing and pointing your crooked little fingers
at the computer screens, saying that I'm nuts or something and saying that
that I should get my head examined, well they can look all they want and you
know what they're gonna find? Nothing! So there.

When I think of all the hours I spent burning my hands with the glue gun and
getting paint out of my hair and all the staples in my neck and the
razorblade cuts and the trips to the Emergency room, not even to mention
that thing with the police and animal control. I gotta wonder if it was
really worth it.

And what is the deal with Paul? Why is he so popular? Lots of people have
nice busses but everyone clapped and cheered when he won his award. How can
the guy be so friggin' nice? I happen to know that he started life as a
woman and had to change identity to escape the law after being caught
running a pyramid scheme involving Emu oil futures and conterfiet Cabbage
Patch Dolls made in Bangladesh and filled with kerosine soaked rags. I have
"before" pics of Paul that definately look like him (her) if you squint with
one eye and look at them in dim light wearing special glasses that you can
only get through the internet and that the Government doesn't want you to
know about..

And now I look at the website for the show and MY BUS ISN'T EVEN ON THERE.

That's it. I am starting my own car show where I will win all the awards.
And the trophies will be real big and be made out of diamonds. So there.