[tcb] Re: Back from Way Out

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:14:20 -0600

It was expensive, but if a thing no longer exists except the one in your hand, you have to decide.

I have never been a strict vintage guy, I usually try to keep it original if I can, but there comes a time when the original parts are too rare to find or too expensive to be practical, a change of equipment is allowed in my world. These windows will be a step back to original, but they were right at that edge where you have to think of these windows or the disk brakes I could have.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Albarian" <pcalbar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:19:02
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Back from Way Out

I scored. I have what was once a Sundial camper. The windows crank out in one piece. They have a little plastic slider that is almost never there in the swap meet stuff. and over each window is a thin aluminum visor that keeps water off of them. They are, almost always, bent up.

I called before I went out and told Derek what I was looking for and he said he was pretty sure he had some working windows.

So, I went out there and even though I had written the instructions down this time I got lost like a #$$$$%^&%E%E^&^R!!! AGAIN! On the way back I looked for the road signs and they were there, clear as the nose on my %^&@! FACE. I have been out there 4 times and have always gotten lost in these &!!!#%##! Ozark Mountains. The best that I can say is that I know I am lost a little earlier each time.

When I finally got there Derek had pulled the bus with the windows out of the pile for me, it was sitting there waiting for me.

So, I got 5 working windows and 5 visors in pretty good shape. I won't tell you what I had to pay, Derek is very proud of his stuff, but since I have been hunting this stuff for years I truly know how rare they are. All I can say is #!%%$&*!
BlackBerry service provided by Nextel