[tcb] Back at Bear Trap

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 16:40:19 -0500

A small party, but fun. I considered it a practice run for Eureka Springs week.
I hate Ask Jeeves. They said it was 83 miles from my house to Mountain View,
well IT AIN"T! That may be as the crow flies, but we are in the MOUNTAINS!  4
hours and 33 minutes, and not a mile of it straight.

Fred has secrets that I think he should tell you all in his own time.

Dan almost blew up Kat.

My stepson almost lit himself on fire.

Some people on the other side of the lake answered our fireworks with a volley
of their own.

My yard now looks like after a bad day in Iraq.

I ended up dragging Murray on my dolly after somebody finally got it through my
skull that it was 4 AND A HALF FRIGGIN' HOURS! I swear by all the Volkswagen
Gods that I will find the time to get him back up to specs. I promise that he
will drive under his own power to Morgan's Point!

Mountain View is a terrific destination. On the town square their are crowds of
people wandering around and in every spot of shade there were musicians
playing. This was not an uncommon event, this was simply a Saturday afternoon
in May. There is music everywhere. It needs to be seen to be believed. And at
the location where the show is held they hold a music show in this big barn
like building and they ain't half bad. It is hokey and corny, there is dancing
(but not during the gospel numbers) but it's funny and entertaining for sure.

The cabins they rent out are a great bargain. A/C, refer, microwave, coffee
maker ( real full sized ones, not those puny things ), big hot shower and lots
of towels.$40!

I think the show is unique and deserves to grow. There were about 30 cars
there, and good cars. It is only their 3rd year and they are in a remote area,
but with the beautiful location and the musical tie-in it really was a fun
weekend.

I must sleep now.