[tcb] BBB13 Trip report (so far)

  • From: Todd and Lisa Prigmore <prigmores@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:06:54 -0500

Hey Y'all!

We're still here in Lake Havasu but I thought I'd post an update.

Busses By the Bridge 13 was terrific!  The drive out took 2 1/2 days and was cold (14 degrees one night), but was well worth it.  We towed the project bus and camped in our Sprinter the whole way.  The show/campout was awesome.  It's easily twice as big an event as when we were last there.  Great busses and even better people.  We missed the dice run Thursday night but arrived in time for the taco feed on Friday.  Saturday we set up in the swap area and just spent the day picking up parts for the bus and visiting with long lost friends...and some new ones.  We picked up a middle seat and some door handles.  They raffled off a TON of stuff Saturday night and Sunday morning.  We ended up with some great swag, a cool safety star, a vintage looking budwiser set, an electronic ignition and about 6 t-shirts.  They also raffled off two transmissions and a complete engine but we weren't THAT lucky.  Sunday morning featured a pancake breakfast put on by the local Boy Scouts for a donation.

According to the folks who put on the show, they raised a little over $14,000 for local charities not including what the Boy Scouts took in.  Awesome.

Today the project bus gets it's newly rebuilt transmission and some other stuff for the front and rear.  Todd is over helping out the guys at Bustoration install everything so our new wheels will be on her for the drive home.  Imagine!  She'll roll now rather than require dragging!

Next year, we're making the trip in the bus.  We may even go to the Jerome show or maybe even Octo this summer!  Caravans are welcome for whoever wants to join us on our adventures!  We plan on coming up with some Texas stuff to donate to the raffles at next year's BBB.  It all goes to great children's charities so keep it in mind.

We start heading back this afternoon.  We'll post some pictures when we get home.  We had the bus sodablasted and primered black so she's looking a little better.

The Prigmores

'55 EuroKombi