[tcb] Re: Automatic Transmission

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:49:40 -0500

You are getting a "deal" on the U-Haul and paying less that the normal $50
that a car-hauler (AT) costs, right? If not then tell the U-Haul place that you
need it overnight. That $50 pays for up to 24 hours. If you told them you only
needed it for a few hours and they gave you 4 at the full price then you are
"screwing yourself over" by accepting that. If they told you you have to have
it back before they close then THEY are "screwing you". You have 24 hours
from the time you scheduled to pick it up.

Yes, I have rented trailr\ers and truck 2 or 3 times to different people in a
single
day at full price because we are not normally allowed to charge less. But I
TOLD
them that the money paid for 24 hours from the time they picked it up. If they
just kept it an hour to move that refrigerator that wouldn't fit in their SUV
then
it was fine and I got to rent it again later. But don't RUSH if the dealer told
you
you only have 4 hours and you're paying full price. Tell him flat out that you
may
have to keep it overnight and don't let him charge you an extra day if you have
it back before 1pm the next day. "Business hours" has nothing to do with it.
It's
24 hours from the time you pick it up even if that's 5 minutes after they open
for
the day.

Gerald