[tcb] Re: As always, should've taken the Bus

  • From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:22:57 -0800 (PST)

  Dude! No joke! It just makes me happy.

--- On Mon, 1/31/11, singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: As always, should've taken the Bus
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, January 31, 2011, 9:17 PM

That's a good thing,welcome to  about 60 other folks that use busses as their
therapy.

Paul Smith
Transporters@The Point 8
October 7,8 and 9 ,2011
Morgan's Point Resort Texas

From: singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, January 31, 2011, 9:01 PM

Kelly ,unless you've got animals involved ,It would be hard to think  that your
love for your bus would be unnatural ?
Paul Smith
Transporters@The Point 8
October 7,8 and 9 ,2011
Morgan's Point Resort Texas

From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] As always, should've taken the Bus
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, January 31, 2011, 8:16 PM

I drove my mom's '67 Beetle to work today. I am trying to make sure it is safe
and sound for her.  It drove fine on short trips this weekend. Today it stalled
when coming to stops, sometimes.  And then during lunch - NO CLUTCH!  Good
grief!  A friend came to help with tools, a cable, a wingnut and a boden tube
but of course it was the loop on the pedal assembly that broke off.  And now I
wait for a towtruck.  Yes I know it is possible to drive without a clutch. I
did it for a few miles today but I am not up for a 48 mile drive with traffic
to get her  home.

God bless my mechanic, he will fix it tonight and then I will attempt to make
the 70 mile journey home.

Wish me luck.

Buses treat me so much better than Beetles.