[tcb] Re: Anyone ever taken out a T2 shifter?

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:51:04 -0700 (PDT)

Yes I have. you are right, what a royal pain in the @**. If you want I can come
over and help get everything back in its right position. sometimes it takes 2
people to get everything right. one under the car holding everything in place
and 1 up top to get the bolts started. let me know---mark
Trey Jung <Trey.Jung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I replaced the front nylon
bushing on the shift rod this weekend.
Reinstalling the shifter into the shift rod I had to do it a few times
to set the pattern right. It shifter into all gears fine and even
reverse but I took it out one last time to reinstall and the front of
the shifter (a little dowel thing points forward to fit in the shifter)
it popped out from the rear and has a spring in it. Now it won't stay
in.

Anyone ever had to replace a shifter and have this happen. It looks like
I have to replace the whole shifter (if I can fine one) (insert Scream
and a few choice words here)

Thanks

Trey