[tcb] Re: ANYONE HAVE A SPARE PICT 34 CARB TO test with?

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:27:28 -0600

I had it bolted down so tight that the gasket was plugging the by pass on the bottom flange. Colin flipped the gasket over and torqued the carb down to spec and all is well.

On Jan 12, 2007, at 10:46 AM, Eric Woodall wrote:

You might ask Dan Martin about the idle issue.
He has having problems also, and at Transporters At the Point he had Colin
fix his.  Had something going on on the right side of the carb?

The last good carb we had went on Mark J.'s bus. we were having the same problem with not wanting to idle. had nothing to do with the dizzy. it was all carb problems. I have a rebuild kit in the garage for a PICT 34 if you
want to clean and rebuild it.

Trey Jung <treyjung@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Ok, bus has been running ok these last few weeks but yesterday driving home the bus stopped wanting to idle.

Symptoms: Coming up to a red light or stop sign as I am braking the oil
light flicks in and off ,  oil pressure is dropping down to 0 in
relationship to the the tach dropping to zero (bus dies) have to keep foot on gas pedal to try and keep the idle at 1100 or 1200.... not good.

I pulled the Pict 34 and blew out the jets and gas.. remounted it. Fuel
filter looks good, replaced it 2 months ago when i had the same
problem.....

the common denominator here is like 2 months ago the dizzy was loose (the clamp came loose back then and I thought hey its just the dizzy moved) I
bought a new "made in china" clamp from Kermit and it came loose too
yesterday , tighten it down and the bolt snapped, might have to buy one of
those nice aluminum blue ones for $30 clams...

Anyone I reset the dizzy in the engine last night and it still wont idle (no clamp to hold it down) but the dizzy doesn't pop out like you'd think
it would (the chatter spring is in there)

so if anyone in Houston has a pict 34 i can borrow and throw on the engine
to test this weekend that would be great...

Trey

713-501-7963