[tcb] Re: ANYONE HAVE A SPARE PICT 34 CARB TO test with?

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:38:57 -0800 (PST)

The last good carb we had went on Mark J.'s bus. we were having the same
problem with not wanting to idle. had nothing to do with the dizzy. it was all
carb problems. I have a rebuild kit in the garage for a PICT 34 if you want to
clean and rebuild it.

Trey Jung <treyjung@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Ok, bus has been running ok these last
few weeks but yesterday driving home the bus stopped wanting to idle.

Symptoms: Coming up to a red light or stop sign as I am braking the oil light
flicks in and off ,  oil pressure is dropping down to 0 in relationship to the
the tach dropping  to zero (bus dies) have to keep foot on gas pedal to try and
keep the idle at 1100 or 1200.... not good.

I pulled the Pict 34 and blew out the jets and gas.. remounted it. Fuel filter
looks good, replaced it 2 months ago when i had the same problem.....

the common denominator here is like 2 months ago  the dizzy was loose (the
clamp came loose back then and I thought hey its just the dizzy moved) I bought
a new "made in china" clamp from Kermit and it came loose too yesterday ,
tighten it down and the bolt snapped, might have to buy one of those nice
aluminum blue ones for $30 clams...

Anyone I reset the dizzy in the engine last night and it still wont idle (no
clamp to hold it down) but the dizzy doesn't pop out like you'd think it would
(the chatter spring is in there)

so if anyone in Houston has a pict 34 i can borrow and throw on the engine to
test this weekend that would be great...

Trey

713-501-7963