[tcb] Re: A whole new question!

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:52:07 -0800 (PST)

I've heard of folks usin' Harley carbs/parts way back
when...cannot remember (damn that short term memory
loss!) any details...
Anybody got the skinny?

--- Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Before LeeRoy Blackwood of Knight's Auto Parts died
> (bless him, my bus would not have ever gotten
> restored and on the road without his almost daily
> help) he told me to re-jet my Kadrons and to go to a
> motorcycle shop and buy the right ones. I did that
> but it was years ago and I have lost them. Does
> anybody know what he was talking about? What
> motorcycle jets were they?
>  I know that when I pull the carbs and take out the
> jets they will have a number on them, what is the
> correct number for my 1914cc dual kadrons 78.4x88
> with a mild cam? I have no reduction boxes and I
> have a 412 ring and pinion trans from a 68(?) bug.
>
> I did not build this engine, but I did the rebuild
> and I am pretty sure of all those numbers.
>
> I know just enough to be a problem for myself.

=====
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If
you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've
never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop
thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in
which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater
than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

http://mail.yahoo.com