[tcb] Re: A question for the resident window regulator experts

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 05:07:54 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, that part is fine. It's the round thing with the teeth that mesh into the
window crank handle that is spinning freely. I messed with it last night and it
is shot. Piston & Plugs found one in a door laying on the ground - unknown year.

Does anyone know if the window regulators are different from 67-79?
Thanks!

  From: Bergman
  <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 2:24 PM

  “When that happened to me.”
  First thing to do is pull the door panel and look. There is a
  2”-3” u channel at the bottom of the window that is spot welded to the
  regulator that will break loose. I brazed mine back together. 6 years and
  still holding. Do It fast and have a bucket of water near as the rubber in
  the u channel will catch on fire.

    From: Brian
    Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    Subject: [tcb] a/c for mah bus

    To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 8:30 AM
    what size window units do you guys use?

i found a 6,000btu for $40 and was wondering if that's to much?

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your

life.