[tcb] A hurricane in Arkansas!

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:42:29 -0500

About 1 AM we got rain and wind like you wouldn't believe. Usually whatever
wind is happening in the area, our bluff maximizes and last night was as loud
as I've ever heard it. There is a house up on Nob Hill next to the store who
has, or had, three tall oaks in the front yard. Now all three are on top of his
house. The wind pulled them up. It didn't break them, it pulled them up,
rootballs and all, and laid them on his house.

I had a 10x20' canopy that I was using to work on Murray outside sometimes. It
was tied to 4 cinder blocks. Now it looks like a wad of trash paper. The cinder
blocks are all over the yard, as far as 20'. It flung them?