[tcb] Re: A Newby Introduction and plea for a part!

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:58:05 -0800 (PST)

If you look closely at the delivery end of a pump you will see a internal check
valve that releaves the pressure.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   but on fuel injected
systems there is a return line for unneeded fuel.
wouldnt that inturn help relieve the unwanted pressure as well? a stocker is
line in and line out, at least the one in dan's link is. and to top it off
just about any FLAPS will have a fuel pump like that.

>From: Mark Sawyer
>To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [tcb] Re: A Newby Introduction and plea for a part!
>Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:51:37 -0800 (PST)
>
>On a CIS and Digijet fuel system, you need a fuel pump that will bypass
>pressure that is not needed. a standard Facet pump will not bypass
>pressure.
>
>Brian Denning wrote: exactly what i was
>talking about. i have used one before. my uncle has a
>drag truck and he uses something similar to that with no problems why
>couldn't you on a bus?
>

> >From: Dan Martin
> >To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [tcb] Re: A Newby Introduction and plea for a part!
> >Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:03:26 -0600
> >
> >Busdepot.com has them on sale for 159.00 Bosch:
> >
> >http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=GFP301
> >
> > or 99.00 for what I bet is China:
> >
> >http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=043906091
> >
> >I think Brian is talking about a "facet" pump like this one:
> >
> >http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=412010
> >
> >You can get a "facet" pump at any auto parts store.
> >I think there some reasons not to use them.
> >
> >(Terry or Larry may have what you need?)
> >

> >Dan & Katrina Martin
> >1971 VW Bus
> >H.B.B.
> >T.C.B.
> >
> >http://web.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin
> >http://ical.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin/Volks32Shows
> >

> >On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:50 AM, sidecar wrote:
> >
> >>Hi Brian-
> >>
> >>I was unaware that there was a different electric 35psi pump available
> >>from what I have now. Do you have a brand name I could look for?
> >>Thanks for the info.
> >>
> >>Mike Selvey
> >>'79 Westy (Santa Fe Edition)

>block,

>the

>View Athlete?s Collections with Live Search
>http://sportmaps.live.com/index.html?source=hmemailtaglinenov06&FORM=MGAC01

Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.
http://ideas.live.com