[tcb] Re: A Newby Introduction and plea for a part!

  • From: Mike Selvey <sidecar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:24:50 -0600

Hi Dan-

That, I must say, is the best price I've seen yet on the original Bosch pump from a retailer. There is someone else on the web that offers rebuilt ones for around $114.00. On balance, that's not a hell of a lot of money, except for the fact that Christmas is right around the corner, and I have a wife and kid and soon to be college student to shop for.

So....I would REALLY like to find a used one just to get me through the holidays. I rode my motorcycle yesterday, and it was COLD!

Mike Selvey

Dan Martin wrote:

Yes Mark, why cant he use one of those?
Here is a picture of the stock pump, same price as Bus Depot:

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BOS%2D0%2D580% 2D463%2D016

It is the same pump the the fuel injected bugs use, and the same as Vanagon.
Where does it mount?