[tcb] A Lil Mechanical Advice For a Newbie?

  • From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:05:11 -0800 (PST)

  I checked my oil and the dipstick was reading just below the two fill lines.
That means it needs a quart, right? Like any other car?
  I had 1/3 of a qt in my garage, so I dumped it in just to get me to a gas
station. I checked it again and the level was the same.
  So I went to the gas station and put 1/2 a qt. in. Checked it. Still no
change. I then dumped in the rest of the oil, totaling about 1.33 qt.
  I then drove about 20 miles and checked it again. Now it reads WAAAYYY
over-full! Like 2 inches above the full line! Then I had to drive it home like
that.
  What did I do wrong? And now what sort of mess do I have? Did I hurt it
driving it like that?