[tcb] Re: 88mm pistons

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:10:18 -0500

ok so what i have read unless i want to do machining (which i don't right now) i should build a solid 1600 possibly put in a stage 2 cam for low end power. no fancy nick-nacks or gadgets. the reason to build the 1600 over the 1641 is due to heat issues. the 1641 has thinner walls which means more heat which will result in warpage and other stuff.

cool now i have to make out my parts list. i will post that on here as well to make sure i got everything i need.

i just don't want to fart around and build a crappy motor like the fabubus had. i want a good one and i want to do it right to start.

thanks for the help guys.

From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: 88mm pistons
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 22:25:45 -0500

I don't even know what you just said.

So, what is the formula to figure out the engine size so that we all can understand what the hell you just said?

I have a 1914 according to my first builder. I think that is a 74.8X88. Or 78.4X88

This all started with whether Brian should do someting with his engine other than 1641.

Dan's bus, Homer, runs very well and strong with a standard 1600. There are manymany people who swear by 1776s. I know of, at least, one guy who loves his 1835, although I was warned to stay away because they have a short life because of the heat.

Chuck, I am surprised that you don't have a problem with the 88 sleeves. I have been told that they warp because they are too thin for the heat.

When all of you come up for the 4th of July we are going to all fight about this stuff in person and throw our empty beer cans at each other. The tech session to beat all tech sessions.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Will Wood" <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>