[tcb] Re: 88mm pistons

  • From: "Lonnie Bergman" <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 07:14:13 -0500

I finally got my hands on three used 88 pistons for the motor I had in my
bus. So I am putting that one back together now. IMHO slip in 88 cylinder
walls are too thin. The machine in 88 walls are very thick. As for cams, My
favorite for a bus motor is a scat c25 or engle 100. After my last
experience with a 110, I will probably never put one in a street motor
again.
The guy I got the used 88s from also had a set of new forged 88s for a 78 mm
stroker crank. Pistons only for $50.