[tcb] Re: 73 SB For Sale

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:44:37 -0500

Man, if it was not a super that would be a GREAT deal.
I like the Phat Chick buses but I am not much into the super beetles.
It sounds like it would be worth the money if you needed just a 1776.
Those carbs, heads,alt and header would set you back more than 2K.

On Oct 26, 2005, at 5:43 AM, brent brendemuehl wrote:

A person I met in Waco a year ago sent me this. Thought I would pass it along.
Brent

I was wondering if you might
know anyone interesed in buying. I have a 73 SB it's not pretty but
mechanically it is sweet. MOFOCO streetwise engine 1776 cc with 042
racing heads and hydraulic lifters, dual weber ICT carbs, electronic
ignition, alternator conversion, 36 hp style cooling shroud all chrome,
header w/turbo muffler, rebuilt transmission w/ new drive shafts and CV
joints. I also installed 4 wheel disk brakes and a new speedo. It has
about 1500 miles on the new engine tranny. I am moving into a
townhouse
in Hewitt with no parking space so the bug must go. I have an extra
engine, stock 1600 and lots of extra parts. I am asking $2000.00 I have
about $2500 or so in the engine alone. I have all reciepts for the
stuff
I installed. All the car needs now is interior and cosmetic work. If
you
know anyone interested let me know.