[tcb] '56 bus

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:44:11 -0500

So, I took Murray and went to Sam's Club to get huge bags of grass seed for the
Psycobilly parking/camping area. As I am coming out, one of the two super old
guys who check your receipt to make sure that you don't have a 60" plasma under
the tomatoes says, "Are you a mechanic?"

I'm thinking, what about me would provoke such a question, and I say, "Why?" He
says, "We are trying to figure out how to convert a 1950 tractor from 6 volt to
8". Putting aside the fact that I have never heard of 8 volt anything, I
suggested that there were probably about a million antique tractor guys on the
internet. They both looked at me as if I had spoken Navajo. I said go to a
library and they would do the search for him.

I loaded up Murray and as I was leaving the parking lot I drove by the door and
one of the guys waves at me to stop. I do. He says, "I have one of these". I
say really? "Yeah, It's older though, and not as nice."

He tells me that it is a '56. I asked him if it has an overhang over the
windshield. "No, and it also has a bigger door in the back, over the engine
door. It has a little bitty engine".

Of course, my next question was, "Wanna sell it?"

"No."

I know his name and I know where he works. If I can find out where he lives and
where his bus is. I might have to kill him.