[tcb] Re: $55,000 ~ WARNING !!! RANT FOLLOWS !!!

  • From: Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 06:11:59 -0800 (PST)

Do you ever wonder about those post apocalyptic movies where the heroin drives
around in a pristine whatever classic car and the people are eating dirt for
survival?  These are the restored cars pulled out of hibernation that haven't
been driven for 200+ years.  Where do they get good seals after 200 years of
darkness?

evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:   You're right, there are always going to
be speculators where anything is prized.

In VWs it's no different and I have said it for years.

The last 23 window I sold went for 6000 bucks. It was 100 percent complete and
had the usual rust issues. It had them when I bought it. I owned it for 10
years and sold it to a guy in cali who runs a resto/sales biz. He swore up and
down that he was going to restore it, I'd get pics etc.

One month after he got it, he flipped it. Was I angry, somewhat, but it wasn't
mine anymore.

For every one person who loves the hobby there are three buttholes who are out
there for a buck.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile