[tcb] 2am physics

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:23:45 -0500

At 2 in the morning it was time to push Sonne back into the garage after
working on her all day and night.  Maybe for some of you folks pushing a Bus by
yourself is a piece of cake, but it is a quite a challenge for me especially
since the cement was wet and slippery and I was tired and I don't think the
big, grippy new tires help at all.

I never did take physics but I think I used some.  At first Sonne was close
enough to the not-currently-running Wieder, so I used him for leverage and the
first few feet were easy enough.  Then I stood on a retired tire on its side,
it gave me height for leverage, its bounciness helped me get momentum while
rocking, and its rubberiness provided friction since my shoes kept sliding on
the wet cement and this worked for a few feet.  But then I could not get Sonne
in any farther.  So Donner to the rescue.  I wedged him in between Wieder and
Sonne and put my back on Sonne and my feet on Donner's wheel to finally push
her the last few feet and tuck her in for the night.

I am sore today from the all of yesterday but no rest for the wicked. I am at
my mechanic's place and we will be bringing Blitzen's old engine a.k.a.
hopefully Sonne's new engine back to life.  I hope it goes well.