[tcb] Re: 1" of lift

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:00:26 -0700 (PDT)

Where could you put 5" of bondo on a bus?? I found about 2" of bondo on my ghia
where the drivers rear quarter panel had gotten smashed flat. But on a bus?

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Brian:  I got you beat.
The bondo was 5" thick in some spots on the bakery truck when I started.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   i swear my bus raised up 1"
after pulling all the bondo off the left rear
quarter. there was a slight dent that could of been brought out alot more
than it was and they just mudded over it we're talking 1/2" thick in some
places. then for some reason there was a good quarter inch thick spot of
bondo right where the belt line is. i guess that was the answer to the
pitted rust. not treated just bondoed over so of course the rust festered.
the good thing is there are no rust holes just pited so i will get some rust
converter after blasting the holy hell out of it i will coat that sommabish
with rust converter.

this was all just on the left side i can see all the bondo on ther right so
i can now understand why the bus has always leaned alittle to the left. top
that off with the 1/8" of paint layers. Hershey will look like a freaking
monster truck when i get him stripped down.

here is the status on rust:

front lower outer skin
front lower inner panel
front left lower fender inner and outer
front right lower fender outer
left and right rockers
left front rear fender area
left rear corner needs a 6" x 4" patch
battery trays on left and right.

it's not near as bad as i thought. but the bondo fair did bless the crap out
of the bus.

Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more. Visit MSN
Presents today.
http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline&ocid=T002MSN03A07001